6. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared”
Your happiness will not decrease if you share it with people. Most people prefer keeping things that give them happiness private. They do this because they think that they shouldn’t share it or the significance of that thing won’t remain the same.
Buddha takes the example of a candle lighting a thousand other candles while still keeping its light unharmed. He did this to counter the belief that happiness decreases if it is shared with others.
So, these were some more quotes by the great Lord Buddha. These and the ones in my previous post are just a small portion of his arsenal of great and inspirational quotes. One who understands these quotes and the teachings of Lord Buddha shall achieve great positivity and peace of mind.
Lord Buddha left behind nothing but his teachings for us. We must take full advantage of them to make ourselves better as human beings.
-By Mohit Bansal Chandigarh
You May Also Like
- 35+ Profound Old Soul Quotes
- Deep Insightful Quotes By Keanu Reeves About Love and Life
- 13 Badass Tyrion Lannister Quotes That Make Him The Most Loved Character of GOT
- 23 Letting Go Of Love, Quotes And Sayings To Help You Heal