Also read: Can Pets Cure Us Of Our Illnesses?
19. Get some sun
If you have a backyard, balcony or terrace, then step outside for a while and get some fresh air. Getting a bit of sun is good for your health. You can use this time to observe the nature and environment around you to refresh your mood. You can also choose to camp in your backyard with your family and kids and have some good fun.
20. Organize your phone and gadgets
Ensure that your phone is up to date by updating the latest operating system and upgrading all the apps. You can also organize the apps on your phone properly and delete the ones that you don’t use.Clear space up on your phone by deleting repetitive and unnecessary media and files like images, videos and texts. This can free up a lot of space on your phone and make it faster and more effective. You can also do the same with your computer.
21. Try origami
Origami is a super fun activity that requires you to be creative, analytical and patient. Although it may be a little hard to get started, once you learn the basics origami can be an excellent way to pass your time.
22. Netflix, YouTube & the like
Binging on your favorite shows on Netflix or watching funny videos and vlogs on YouTube are also a great way to deal with boredom and lift your mood. There are tons of amazing Youtubers that create funny and entertaining videos that you can spend hours watching. Moreover, Netflix has a mind boggling collection of shows and movies that can entertain you for days and weeks.
Forbes writer Heather R Morgan explains “Sometimes we do need to watch a show or movie and just chill, especially if we’re sick and need rest. I would really encourage people to try watching some independent films, which can broaden our horizons and give new perspectives.”
23. Get a makeover
Being stuck at home is a great time to give yourself a makeover and completely change your look.Read up some articles on makeover in magazines or online and think of a look that will suit your appearance and personality. It can be anything from changing your hairstyle, wearing your clothes differently to improving your attitude.
24. Organize your social media profiles
Now that you have a lot of time in your hands, it’s about time you did some spring cleaning for your social media profiles and upped your game. Delete old statuses, images or videos that are no longer relevant or seem inappropriate to you. You can also clean your friends list by removing haters or people who are only there to keep an eye on you.
When you feel bored, dance. Put on the grooviest music you can find and dance your heart out. Dancing is a great way to get your blood pumping and boost your mood.You can also choose to learn some new steps from online tutorials and choreograph your own dance routine. Dancing is extremely fun and a great boredom killer.
Heather R Morgan says “Dancing is a great way to exercise, and all you need is some music to dance. You can always dance by yourself, but some of my friends have been using social platforms and even Zoom video conferencing software to have remote dance parties on the weekend while they’re stuck at home,” in a Forbes article.
Also read: How Dance Can Improve Your Self-Confidence
Want more? Here are 50+ tips to help you deal with boredom and spend your time while you are stuck at home:
- Read a new book
- Plan your next trip
- Go stargazing
- Watch some sports
- Watch old videos of your partner or ex
- Start journaling
- Update your resume
- Create a personalized photo album
- Clean up and organize your emails
- Enjoy a relaxing bubble bath
- Start writing blogs
- Plan how you can save and earn more money
- Do your laundry
- Write online reviews on your favorite sites and apps
- Practice yoga
- Do a photoshoot and take killer selfies
- Watch the sunrise and sunset
- Study your city’s map
- Check out interesting articles online
- Write a short story or a novel
- Make your personal website
- Check out Wikipedia
- Create wall art
- Make popsicles in your home
- Put together a care package for your friends and family
- Upgrade your skin care routine
- Give yourself a pedicure and manicure
- Take some cool photographs
- Learn poetry and recite them
- Make list of your favorite quotes
- Understand your purpose and the meaning of life
- Use old newspaper to make paper hats
- Learn how to pick locks
- Make a collage with your favorite photos
- Start gardening
- Create a vision board
- Make an online dating profile
- Make new friends online
- Learn about your dream careers
- Plan for your future finances
- Paint your own self-portrait
- Learn to play a musical instrument
- Trace your family tree and ancestry
- Build a time capsule
- Learn keyboard shortcuts
- Wash your car
- Learn about ventriloquism
- Create a gratitude list
- Try DIY Crafts
- Take online personality quizzes
- Treat yourself
Also read: What To Do When You Are Bored At Home