24. When you learn, teach, when you get, give.
25. Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.
26. Whining is just unbecoming.
27. The need for change bulldozed a road down the center of my mind.
28. You only are free when you realize you belong no place – you belong every place – no place at all. The price is high. The reward is great.
29. When I forgive other people, I let them go, I free them from my ignorance. And as soon as I do, I feel lighter, brighter and better.
30. We need to not be in denial about what we’ve done, what we’ve come through. It will help us if we all do that.
31. I want all my senses engaged. Let me absorb the world’s variety and uniqueness.
32. How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!
33. The best candy shop a child can be left alone in is the library.
34. Listen to yourself and in that quietude, you might hear the voice of God.
35. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life”.
36. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
37. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.
38. We need much less than we think we need.
39. If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?
40. I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one.
41. Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.
42. Hate, it has caused a lot of problems in the world but has not solved one yet.
43. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
44. I respect myself and insist upon it from everybody. And because I do it, I then respect everybody, too.
45. It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength. Maya Angelou
46. I created myself. I have taught myself so much.
47. The truth is, no one of us can be free until everybody is free.
48. If you want what you’re saying heard, then take your time and say it so that the listener will actually hear it. You might save somebody’s life. Your own, first.
49. Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.
50. I try to see every day as a celebration.
You may also like
- 12 Traits That Makes You An Unforgettable Woman
- True Love Liberates: Maya Angelou Speaks on Love – MIND VIDEO
- Quotes That Will Make You Rethink What “Love” Really Means