4. Receiving Gifts
Just like receiving gifts from your significant other makes you feel happy and special, gifting yourself your favorite things can equally make you happy, sometimes even more. All those things that you have had your eye on for a long time, why wait for someone else to gift them to you? Pamper yourself! For example,
- Go on a solo road trip, or a solo vacation to a place, where you have always wanted to go, but never seemed to find the right time and the right people to go with. Traveling alone can be extremely cathartic and liberating.
- Tick off experiences from your bucket list, like skydiving, paragliding, swimming with the dolphins, scuba diving, ice skating, etc.
- Buy things that you have always wanted to buy. Buy things that you know for a fact will make you happy.
- Go for important experiences like maybe invest in higher education, take a cooking class, learn a new language, volunteer at an animal shelter, take ukulele lessons, etc.
5. Physical Touch
This is another one of the important love languages that you can apply to self-love. You do not always need your partner or someone else to make yourself feel happy physically; there are so many things you can indulge in to pamper yourself. For example,
- Take care of your skin by religiously following a skincare routine. Moisturize your skin every day to keep it soft, supple, and in a good condition.
- Go for a hot bath with some pleasant-smelling essential oils and Epsom salts. This will help you release toxins from your body, and also help you to release all the pent-up stress and exhaustion caused by your day to day life.
- Stretch your body muscles daily, and massage yourself with an electric massager or a foam roller.
- Indulge in a self-spa treatment where you give yourself a relaxing pedicure, manicure, head massages, etc. You are worth it, you know?
Self-love is as important as a happy romantic relationship, and the more you love yourself, the more content you will be in your life. When you apply the 5 Love Languages to self-love, you are making an important commitment that you will always treat yourself with a lot of devotion, dedication, and kindness. Love yourself every day, and just watch yourself thrive!