- Do all those things that make you happy, like bingeing on Netflix, reading a book in your favorite cafe while sipping on your favorite coffee, sleeping, playing video games, watching a movie alone, etc.
- Find time daily for mindfulness activities like meditation, yoga, tai chi, deep breathing, etc.
- Exercise at least 4 times a week, to take better care of your body and keep your mind fresh.
- Don’t drown yourself in work and commitments; take some time out for yourself and do things that make you happy. Life is not always about deadlines, rat races, and work meetings.
4. Receiving Gifts
Just like receiving gifts from your significant other makes you feel happy and special, gifting yourself your favorite things can be a source of joy and happiness too.
All those things that you have had your eye on for a long time, why wait for someone else to gift them to you? Pamper yourself!
- Go on a solo road trip, or a solo vacation to a place where you have always wanted to go, but never seemed to find the right time and the right people to go with. Traveling alone can be extremely cathartic and liberating.
- Tick off experiences from your bucket list, like skydiving, paragliding, swimming with the dolphins, scuba diving, ice skating, etc.
- Buy things that you have always wanted to buy. Buy things that you know for a fact will make you happy.
- Go for important experiences like maybe invest in higher education, take a cooking class, learn a new language, volunteer at an animal shelter, take ukulele lessons, etc. Whatever you want to do, the world is your oyster!
5. Physical Touch
This is another one of the important love languages for yourself. You do not always need your partner or someone else to make you feel happy physically; there are so many things you can indulge in to pamper yourself.
- Take care of your skin by religiously following a skincare routine. Moisturize your skin every day to keep it soft, supple, and in a healthy condition.
- Draw yourself a hot bath with some relaxing essential oils and Epsom salts. This will help you release toxins from your body, and also help you to release all the pent-up stress and exhaustion caused by your day to day life.
- Stretch your body muscles daily, and massage yourself with an electric massager or a foam roller.
- Indulge in a self-spa treatment where you give yourself a relaxing pedicure, manicure, head massage, etc. You are worth it, you know?
Self-love is as important as a happy romantic relationship, and the more you love yourself, the more content and at peace, you will be in your life. When you apply the 5 Love Languages for self love, you are making an important commitment that you will always treat yourself with care, dedication, and kindness. Apply these love languages for self love, because you deserve it!