You do those things because you are scared of negative criticism, you are scared of getting blamed for unnecessary things.
A constant fear works in you which makes you accept this change and carry on even though you are not happy about it.
But why is this change when you are not happy about it?
What happened that changed you?
Is it love or criticism of some people which made you change?
Or is it some traumatic incident in your life? A break-up, perhaps?
If you are changing for the person you love, you should know that love changes people for better and do not have negative impacts on them.
Love will change you in such a way that you will feel happy and grateful about it, not the otherwise.
Changing oneself for some negative criticism is a symbol of low self-esteem.
It’s not worth it.
If it’s a break-up that changed you, you should remember that it’s good it happened. You didn’t deserve your ex.
No need to change yourself because you thought being you was the reason for your breakup, no matter what your ex had said.
You need to keep in mind certain things.
1. We all are growing and changing but that change comes from within. We change a lot but there’s something in our core that makes us who we are. It will always remain the same. If you try to change those elements, you will stop being yourself.
2. You will not be the same person anymore and you will not be happy about it either.
3. True love will not force you to change. If you change, it will be because you wanted to and you should be happy about it. If your partner is forcing you to change, then it’s not true love.
4. Let go of people and things who try to control you. You are a free individual. You have every right to live life on your own terms. It’s hard to let go of the person you love most but do remember, it was never meant to be. You should be happy with the person you are with, not succumb to depression.
5. Love yourself. You have the potential to be successful. You deserve to be loved back. Just have patience and give it time. Time heals everything.
If you are not being yourself, cut off ties with forces that are changing you. Be happy with yourself. Respect yourself. Love yourself. You are precious.