6. HELPS US TO CREATE DEEPER CONNECTIONS.
Whether with ourselves, a friend, a community or a cause, living alone gives us the gift of time, time that allows us to focus on what means the most to us, rather than superficially dividing and throwing around our attention here and there.
7. HELPS US TO APPRECIATE OTHER PEOPLE MORE.
Solo dwelling creates a harmonious balance in our lives that allows us to enjoy and value the presence of other people more. It’s human nature to take our friends, family and loved ones for granted. Living alone, devoid of the presence of others, helps us to appreciate these people more when they are around.
8. INSTILLS US WITH A SENSE OF CONFIDENCE AND PERSONAL PRIDE.
When living alone, we have no one to cook for us, clean for us, wash our smelly undies or grubby socks. It’s completely up to us to take care of ourselves – because if we don’t, no one else is bloody well going to. When we realize with first hand experience that we can be self-sufficient, and we can take care of ourselves, we develop a lot more respect for ourselves. This in turn enhances our sense of self-worth and self-esteem.
Living alone is a trend that is catching fire in our society, and spreading all throughout the world with amazing swiftness. I would love to hear your personal experiences regarding living alone, what it means to you, and what impact it has made on your life.
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
You May Also Like
- To All The Single Ladies! Its Okay To Be Alone
- If You Feel You Need Time Alone – You Need To Read This
- The Happiness Of Living Alone In 10+ Perfect Illustrations
- 28 Heart Touching Quotes About Being Alone, that will leave you feeling less lonely