Heartbreaks give you a perfect opportunity to get to know yourself better. Solitude can be comforting too, as it helps clear the clutter in your mind and give way for productive ideas to flourish. In the process, you learn to become your own best friend and start enjoying your own company which can be very rejuvenating for the self. As Osho puts it “There is a difference between loneliness and aloneness. Loneliness means that you miss the presence of the other. To be alone means that being by oneself is enough. Loneliness is painful but there is bliss in being alone.”
7) You learn that your happiness does not depend on other people
Initially, heartbreaks can feel like the end of the world because you are so habituated with the person’s presence in your life. Accepting the fact that the person, who you trusted, can break your heart is difficult. You feel helpless and scared to face the world alone.
If we define our contentment on what other people do for us or how other people treat us, we are allowing them control over us. How we attach meaning to the actions of others also makes a lot of difference. Some actions that do not count as hurtful to your partner may cause pain to you.
Happiness doesn’t reside outside oneself; it is within oneself, through acceptance and rational understanding of the situation, that peace can be attained. Happiness is subjective and is not dependent on the actions or words of others, but on how you choose to perceive a situation and respond to it. Only you are in control of your actions.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – J.K.Rowling
Related Video: 8 Beautiful Life Lessons You Can Learn From One Sided Love
1. Reference: Brain regions associated with psychological pain: Implications for a neural network and its relationship to physical pain
You May Also Like
- Falling In Love Is Easy, Keeping It Alive Isn’t: Mistakes We Make That Often Leads to A Heartbreak
- 10 Surprising Things That Happen To Your Body When Going Through A HeartBreak
- Managing Loneliness and Heartbreak
- Why Your Heartbreak is An Amazing Opportunity To Heal Yourself?
- Be thankful for every heartbreak.
- Heartbreak Changes You Into A Stronger and Happier Person
- This Is How You Know That You Have Recovered From Heartbreak