Warning signs of suicide :
- Recent trauma or dealing with major grief – It might involve the loss of a loved one or separation
- Making preparations for suicide – Keeping weapons or things that might help them in causing self-harm
- Sudden calmness or changes in personality and appearance – Excessive anger, irritability, and reckless behavior
- Withdrawal – It’s one of the leading causes of suicide. It involves shutting down from the rest of the world, avoiding social activities, and with time, losing reality context.
- A constant feeling of helplessness and hopelessness
- Talking about killing themselves or threatening suicide
It’s true that being a supportive partner to someone suffering from depression can be quite taxing and emotionally draining. But you need to constantly remind yourself that your love for them goes beyond the shackles of their mental illness. It’s a struggle that you need to fight, endure and succeed together. Relationships can blossom into marriage or lifetime partnership even though one of the significant others is suffering from depression.
Along with your partner’s mental health, you should also take care of your own mental well-being in order to sustain a healthy relationship. Make your partner realize that they don’t have to go through this difficult time alone, and don’t ever forget to shower them with unconditional love.
You may also like:
Work Is Always An Antidote To Depression How To Help Your Partner (And Yourself) Overcome Depression A Woman’s Struggle With Depression And How To Beat It A Guide to Spotting the Signs of High Functioning Depression in Yourself or Someone Else Seven Ways To Deal With Depression How to Be an Effective Partner When Your Girlfriend (or Partner) has Depression 7 Warning Signs Of Depression That You Need To Know