Sensitive people will bury negative traits because we know how destructive they are but burying them does not lose them. They will always show up and cause damage.
Hate, anger, jealousy and fear of rejection are four traits most often buried. We may hate someone for the way they have behaved towards us. Anger may have been inherited from an angry parent. Praise and attention being bestowed on a childhood friend or sibling may have led to a jealous streak and being rejected as a child, by an unknowing parent for instance, may have built up inside as an intense fear of rejection. All very simple and innocent triggers, but all of which can snowball and lead us to have deep set insecurities that we feel have to remain hidden. When we recognize and accept a trait in self, it loses its hold.
- 6 Reasons Empaths Freeze Around Inauthentic People
- Signs you are an Empath
- Dear Empath, we need you.
- Are You More Of An Empath Or A Narcissist? – MIND GAME
- Are you an Empath or HSP?
- Could Your Empathic Abilities Really Be Clairsentience?