Feel her presence enter. Then, visualize this gorgeous, powerful creature patrolling your energy field, encircling it, protecting you, keeping out intruders or any negative forces that want to get through.
Picture what the jaguar looks like: his or her beautiful, fierce, loving eyes; sleek body; the graceful, purposeful way the jaguar moves. Feel secure in the circle of this jaguar’s protection.
Give inner thanks to the jaguar. Know that you can call on her whenever there is a need. Feel the power of that.
As sensitive people you must learn is how to deal with sensory overload when too much is coming at you too quickly. This can leave you exhausted, anxious, depressed, or sick. Like many of us, you may feel there is no on/off switch for your empathy.
This is not true. When you feel protected and safe you can take charge of your sensitivities rather than feeling victimized by them.
To gain a sense of safety, recognize some common factors that contribute to empathy overload. Begin to identify your triggers. Then you can quickly act to remedy a situation.
Adapted from “The Empath’s Survival Guide” by Judith Orloff MD.
You may also like:
- Only True Empaths Can Pass This Imagery Test – Personality Test
- Why Empaths Attract Abusive People And How To Stop It.
- What Type of Empath Are You Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Empathic People Are Natural Targets For Sociopaths .
- Why Do Empaths Have Such a Strong Sense of Not Belonging?
- 5 Ways To Become A Healer and Not Just A Pain Absorbing Empath