I also added Community because almost any artist who accomplishes anything noteworthy does so with other people’s help. This was certainly the case with Walt Disney. He employed a small army of artists, designers, musicians, and other creatives to makes his vision a reality.
So with my apologies to the great Walt Disney–an artist I deeply respect and admire–I made a few changes to the well-known quote I cited above and used it as a basis for this 5 Cups of Creativity template.
Why Use Cups as a Metaphor?
Finally, you might wonder why I’ve used cups as a metaphor for these five creative habits. There are several reasons:
- Cups are PORTABLE. Over the years, I’ve read various ministry and business books that use “buckets” as a metaphor. But when it comes to creativity, a bucket is not a good metaphor because no one takes buckets with them. However, we take cups everywhere: the car, the office, and pretty much everywhere else. Creativity is something you take with you wherever you go.
- Cups need constant REFILLING. You have to keep your creative cup filled up because it regularly runs dry. No one else can fill it for you; you must take responsibility for filling it yourself.
- Cups contain FUEL. If you’re a coffee drinker, you probably see it as a cup of fuel that helps run your day. Creativity is the fuel that feeds your passion and work, just as caffeine does.
- Cups represent FULLNESS. When you live an intentionally creative life, you create and live from a sense of fullness, not emptiness.
- Cups represent SHARING. We intuitively think about getting coffee with a friend or going out to dinner with people we enjoy. Cups represent sharing, relationship, and community. Creativity is meant to be the same way.
As we explore this series, we’ll go much deeper into the 5 Cups and how to incorporate each of them into your life. For now, consider these five areas and think about where you are doing well, and where you could use improvement. I invite you to share in the comments below.
Therefore identify your inner potentialities by investing on yourself.
Related Videos: 10 Unexpected Signs That You Might Be a Genius And Not Know it
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
Written by Kent Sanders
Originally appeared on Kent Sanders
You may also like:
- 7 Inner Archetypes That Cripple Your Confidence and Self-Respect
- The Power of Mind Mapping for Clarity
- The Six Levels of Higher Consciousness: How to Make the Shift
- Finding Your Triggers For A Rich Life: How The Flow State Ignites Intrinsic Motivation
- 3 Zodiac Signs That Are Known To Be Highly Intelligent