5. Lie about all things. About .01% of what they say is not a lie. Or is partly true.
6. Believe they’re better than everyone. Express misogynistic, racist, homophobic, or other prejudice and hatred.
7. Crave a good reputation. Defend their reputation with outrageous lies.
8. Crave status and power, possessions and money, yet exist at any level of society.
9. Have delusions of fame and importance, though they might live in the Metro station.
10. Mimic our authentic emotions and social mannerisms as best they can.
11. Have no capacity for care, concern or love, though it sometimes seems they do.
12. Think of themselves as victims. They can cry fake tears at the drop of a hat.
13. Are sexually promiscuous and often simultaneously avoid sex with a primary partner.
14. Do any horrible, illegal or immoral thing they want to do to absolutely anyone.
15. Think their prey (partners, spouses, girlfriends, etc.) should be grateful.
16. Take pride in their scams. Run several scams simultaneously. Many women; many men.
17. Believe everyone deserves what they do to them.
18. Smear their targets and prey when things end; loudly, publicly, online and in court.
19. Have outbursts of rage. Can be violent. Talk about dying, killing themselves or others.
20. Know they are monsters, and enjoy it
Sociopaths Talk a Lot, a Super De-Duper Lot They Can’t Live Without It
Sociopaths can’t help themselves from bragging about their faux-accomplishments in romance or business. These elaborate boasts represent their made-up life. It’s all lies. Traits and tricks of a sociopath never waver. They’re consistent with all their prey whether in pursuit for ten days or we’re captive for ten years or 30 years – it’s the same for each of us from the first “Hello”, to the way they break up with us.
In popular culture, movies and books sociopaths are referred to as con artists or con men. In real life, they are strictly Mr. Hyde.
In the world of psychology, they’re called antisocial psychopaths, or sociopaths. And lately as “having” antisocial personality disorder. This newer contemporary term diminishes the damage they do and casts them in the light of hapless wrong-doer. They’re not innocents suffering from a “disorder.” They know they cause harm. With pleasure and pride, they do terrible things to people.
Why Do Sociopaths Lie?
Sociopaths lie all the time. If one lie doesn’t work they whip out another one. Lies are real, real is made up. There’s no difference for them, and they know they lie.
They forget what they said one moment to another moment and can only manage the moment in front of them. – We can lie to them, know that we’re probably lying and yet, they act on it as if it’s the truth.
Their severely limited minds and their total lack of emotional connection means they truly can’t keep the pieces together. They are not geniuses or master manipulators; they depend on us not knowing what they are and our looking at the world through a lens of “normal”.
Sociopaths all lie “pathologically”. Pathological lying comes from a mental condition. Sociopaths can’t lie. Sociopaths cannot, and do not get better.