8. A narcissist will pick you apart while someone with anxiety already picks themselves apart and is an easy victim.
A narcissist will groom insecurity within its victim to a point where they don’t even have to be the ones tearing them down anymore. They hold you to these unrealistic and unattainable standards that no one can reach. Someone with anxiety tries so hard to be good enough then picks themselves apart and people wonder why don’t they have more confidence. When someone is tearing you down every chance they get and making you feel horrible about who you are because it doesn’t match up to their standard good luck walking away even a little sure of yourself.
9. You blame a narcissist for something and they direct it back to you.
That time they hit you. That time they said something horrible. That time they lost it on you for no reason other than they couldn’t control their emotions, it was your fault because you triggered them to act that way.
They blame you for anything that might go wrong in their life they will never hold themselves accountable.
10. A narcissist will resort to name calling while someone with anxiety will analyze if it’s true what they said.
When they have nothing else to use, unkind words hurt like hell but their acid tongue doesn’t stop until they see they’ve completely broken you.
Someone with anxiety disorder won’t sit there and say ‘I didn’t deserve this.’ They will say ‘what did I do to cause them to lash out at me.’
11. A narcissist will ruin holidays or celebrations looking for any reason to be unhappy. While someone with anxiety thrives on trying to please someone who will never be happy.
Do you ever notice how on most days when everyone else is happy, this person somehow ruins it diverting the attention back to themselves? They want everyone to be focused on them and they will do anything to steal the spotlight. While someone with anxiety disorder is the peacemaker and will do everything in their power to calm the situation even if it means compromising their self-respect.
When you have anxiety and you’ve been affected by a narcissist your needs become second to theirs.
12. A narcissist gets you hooked while someone with anxiety fears abandonment.
A narcissist needs to feel needed. They need to feel like you wouldn’t be able to function without them. So they break you down and be the ones to build you back up. They try and make you believe they are the only one who can love someone like you.
Someone with anxiety clings to a series of these dependent relationships trying so hard to win their love and affection. A narcissist teaches you, love isn’t unconditional but comes and goes when they choose and someone with anxiety then ends up having a lot of abandonment issues because of this.
13. A narcissist will cause drama and spread false rumors while someone with anxiety crumbles at someone talking about them or thinking someone doesn’t like them.
Even if it isn’t true, instead of checking their facts, a narcissist will go after you for it. Instead of hearing your side, if you’ve made them look bad or tarnished their reputation beware.