16. Money does buy happiness, but only up to $75,000 a year.
For the average American, $75k a year buys happiness. It liberates you from poverty and gets you what you need in life. (source)
17. Being with happy people makes you happier.
This amazing psychology fact should come as no surprise. (source)
18. 18 to 33-year-olds are the most stressed-out people on earth.
Family, education, work, it can all be pretty stressful. (source)
19. Convincing yourself you slept well tricks your brain into thinking it did.
Thus giving you more energy. They called it “placebo sleep”. (source)
20. Smart people underestimate themselves and ignorant people think they’re brilliant.
It’s called the Dunning Kruger Effect, it’s real, and just go on Facebook and you’ll see what I’m talking about. (source)
21. When you remember a past event, you’re actually remembering the last time you remembered it.
Alright, this is one of those amazing psychology facts that blew the hell out of my mind.
This is why our memories fade and distort over time. (source)
22. Your decisions are more rational when thought in another language.
A university of Chicago study showed that Korean citizens who thought in foreign languages reduced their overall bias. Neat. (source)
23. If you announce your goals, you’re less likely to succeed.
Tests since the 1930’s have pretty well proven it. (source)
Source – Higher Perspectives
Would you like to add any other amazing psychology facts to the list? Leave a comment below: