15. Warm your hands before shaking hands with others.
Cold hands are linked to distrust!
Surprised? Well, you read it write. When your hands are warm, people feel a friendly atmosphere and that’s an added advantage for you.
So, rub your hands together before a firm handshake and you will surely make a first good impression.
16. Yawning helps you detect the stalker.
If you feel someone is stalking you and want to be sure, then just yawn.
But, make sure others can see when you yawn. After yawning turn and look at them. If they are yawning, its confirmed they were intently watching you or interested in you.
This is one of the most effective psychological tricks because yawning is contagious.
17. Sit close to the aggressor to avoid attack.
If you are to have a meeting with an aggressive person and you are sure there will be a heated argument, make sure to sit next to that person.
Sitting in close proximity will make the aggressor feel uncomfortable, because things look more personal now, which cannot be hidden in group’s circle. And that lessens their level of aggression that they plan to exercise.
18. Nodding will make people agree with what your saying.
When you are speaking or sharing an important information with people or trying to make an impression on someone, start nodding. This is “always agreeable” strategy.
The nodding action makes the listeners believe what you’re saying is actually true. As a result, they will most likely begin to nod as well, and agree with you.
19. Fatherly advice will make people believe you.
If you are stating something to someone and don’t want them to doubt your judgment, mention that your father gave this advice.
People are more likely to believe the father figure’s advice in one attempt.
20. Look in the direction you want to go to clear your path in the crowded places.
It’s always tough to quickly come out of crowded places. Isn’t it?
The best thing to do is to look in the direction you want to go and don’t look at the people around you or your friends or at your phone.
When you focus on where you’re headed, people will make an effort to move out of your way. Because they are well aware of your mission and will naturally move out of the way.
These are 20 useful psychological tricks for you to ace your interview, crack a business deal, make a first impression on your date, get admiration from people, boost your communication skills and self-improvement.
Give it a try and let us know in comments which one worked for you.
Please share this article with anyone who you may think will find it valuable and helpful.
- Goldman, A., How to analyze: People Proven Techniques to Analyze People on Sight and Read Anyone Like a Book; Simple Tricks to Understand the Human Mind and Master Human Psychology.
- Купрієнко, М., 2016. BODY LANGUAGE TRICKS.
- Reiman, T., 2007. The power of body language: How to succeed in every business and social encounter. Simon and Schuster.
- Bruner, J.S., 1974. From communication to language—A psychological perspective. Cognition, 3(3), pp.255-287.
- Hartley, P., 2002. Interpersonal communication. Routledge.
- Beattie, G. and Ellis, A.W., 2017. The psychology of language and communication. Taylor & Francis.