Coconut Oil Uses and Topical Health Problems –
Often acne prone skin is actually too dry, which signals your glands to produce more oil and clogs the pores.
85. Head Lice
86. Allergies/Hay Fever
Rub a little inside the nostrils for quick relief. The pollen will cling to the oil.
87. Athletes Foot
88. Toenail Fungus
89. Back Pain and Sore Muscles
90. Boils and Cysts
92. Circumcision healing
Although I don’t support circumcision, coconut oil may help with healing.
Rub coconut oil on the chest and under the nose when congested from a cold or allergies.
94. Ear infection
Place a few drops of coconut and garlic oil inside the ear twice daily for relief from pain. Also, coconut oil fights the infection itself. (26)
95. Genital Warts
Genital warts often go away on their own after 2 years of the initial infection. Additional topical coconut oil application over 6 months may be helpful.
96. Gum Disease, Gingivitis and Canker Sores
Use as a toothpaste or rub directly on gums.
Applied topically and taken internally.
Reduces the itch and swelling.
99. Pink eye
Applied around and in the eye.
100. Aids healing of digestive disorders
Like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis.
101. Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
102. Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
103. Promotes the healing
When applied topically to cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings.
104. Clears up skin conditions
Such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis, and itchy skin.
105. Disinfects cuts
And promotes wound healing!
106. Great for dogs and cats for general wellness
Just add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
107. Helps prevent or control diabetes
108. Helps sedentary dogs feel energetic
Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to improve brain energy metabolism and decrease the amyloid protein buildup that results in brain lesions in older dogs.
109. Helps to reduce weight
Increases energy for more activity throughout the day. (27)
110. Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
111. Makes coats shine
Coat becomes sleek and glossy and deodorizes doggy odor.
112. Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections
113. Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
114. Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
115. Regulates and balances insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
116. Chewing Gum in Hair Remover
Just rub some coconut oil over the stuck chewing gum, leave in for about 30 minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertip. Voila! It’s out!
117. Goo Gone
Just mix equal parts coconut oil and baking soda into a paste. Apply to the “sticky” area and let it set for a minute. Then scrub off with an old toothbrush or the scrubby side of a sponge.
118. Insect repellent
Mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract and rub it all over exposed skin. Keeps insects off better than anything with DEET! A lot safer, too.
119. Moisturizing and cleaning leather products
120. Oiling wood cutting boards and wood bowls
121. Polishing Bronze
All you have to do is rub a little oil into a cotton towel and then wipe down the statue. It cleans and helps deepen the color of your bronze.
122. Polish Furniture
Use coconut oil with a little bit of lemon juice to polish wood furniture. However, I recommend you test it first on a very small, unobtrusive part of your furniture to make sure it works the way you’d like.
123. Seasoning animal-hide drums
124. Seasoning cookware
125. Soap making
Coconut oil can be used as one of the fats in soap.