Yet, all truths are not always helpful or necessary in every situation. Sometimes the choice to withhold or to be more diplomatic is more caring. Successful partners understand discern how much openness is appropriate to each situation.
Intimacy is positively correlated with the partner’s willingness to share their internal worlds with each other. Those who seek a greater closeness do everything they can to practice resiliency and to reduce defensiveness so that transparency will grow.
These ten behaviors are true gifts of love. Those who experience them in their most important relationships enjoy the sacred experience of being deeply known, fully accepted, and authentically beloved.
Despite the energy and commitment, it takes to achieve this kind of love, those who have made it happen are beacons of hope for those who are seeking the same joy.
Written by Dr. Randi Gunther
You May Also Like:
- 16 Ways to Fall in Love All Over Again
- 3 Psychological Secrets to Bringing Back Love In A Relationship
- How to Make Repair Attempts So Your Partner Feels Loved
- The Love Tank Theory – How To Make Love Last
- Love, In All Its Complexity and Beauty