7. A lot of cheaters see this as a way to hurt their partners.
Cheaters who feel emotionally neglected by their partners, or hurt by them. So, rather than confront their partners about how they feel, cheaters will often just choose to find others to sleep with. This is their passive-aggressive way of “evening the score.”
Believe it or not, many cheaters who hold grudges against the opposite sex cheat for this reason. One of my exes explained it this way: “Women hurt me in the past, so why should I expect you to be different? I figured it’s best to just get a preemptive strike in.”
8. When you discover you’ve been cheated on, it’s normal to regret not straying too.
A lot of people who have been cheated on tend to be people who stuck by their partners in an unhappy relationship. When they find out that they’ve been cheated on, it’s very common for the betrayed to feel like they were foolish for staying loyal.
Believe it or not, it’s totally normal to feel this way. However, the betrayed party should remember that they can, at the very least, sleep easily at night.
9. Whether you’ve been betrayed, or been the cheater, people will judge you.
It’s not uncommon to hear of cheaters who lose their good standing with friends and family members after they have been caught cheating. And, it makes sense, since cheating is a pretty terrible thing to do.
What most people won’t tell you about cheating is that you will also run into people who judge the betrayed. When I was cheated on by my last ex, one person immediately asked me, “OK, what did you do to piss him off?”
I didn’t do anything. My ex revealed he cheated on me because he was overweight and had self-esteem issues.
10. Infidelity can cause you to lose friends in more ways than one.
A lot of cheaters watch people distance themselves from them once the truth has been revealed, but that’s not the only way that adultery tends to ruin friendships. Many people end up losing friends because cheaters manipulate others into thinking the betrayed party was at fault for the infidelity—or even convince others that the infidelity never happened.
Additionally, it’s sadly common to hear of good friends warning betrayed spouses about cheaters, only to have them side with the cheating individual. No matter how you look at it, cheating tears people apart. So, don’t do it.
Become a Contributor at The Minds Journal
Written by Ossiana Tepfenhart
You may also like
- The PAINFUL Way Cheating Affects The Cheater Most and Haunts Them Forever
- 15 Surprising Things You Didn’t Know About Cheating in Relationships
- 33 Ways He’s Micro Cheating You (and totally getting away with it)
- Cheating Secrets Revealed of each Zodiac Sign
- 10 Not-So-Obvious Signs Your Man Is Cheating On You