8. Lack of communication.
Healthy communication requires practice and active efforts. Communication is the only tool to exchange information that promotes understanding and helps express your needs.
Communication comprises both verbal and nonverbal means of expression. Be sure about what you are communicating to your partner; double-check and take responsibility for what messages you send.
The few ways you can improve communication are as follows:
- Practice active listening to your partner; initially put aside your thoughts and give preference to your partner’s thoughts.
- Express your emotional experiences, about how you feel about certain things, what your needs are etc.
- Be aware about your body language and the tone of your voice.
- Make sure your message is clear, coherent and understandable.
- Be mindful and remember that you don’t have to be right all the time.
When you don’t speak to each other, you’re giving the advantage to silence and your relationship will suffer.
9. Differences in opinion.
Sometimes, one partner may want to create a family as soon as possible, whereas the other side needs time to prepare for this type of responsibility.
Never rush into anything and make decisions together. This will affect the lives of both partners and you should avoid making abrupt decisions that you might regret later.
10. You don’t dedicate time to yourselves.
Your relationship should be your priority and it requires you to dedicate time to each other. If you want it to grow, you should contribute to your relationship daily.
Dedicating time for each other has multiple advantages in maintaining a healthy relationship. Feelings of being heard, of being valued fosters the bond.
If you want to know more about the things that can slowly ruin your relationship, then check this video out below: