By: Susanna Halonen
Do you remember all the amazing children’s books and cartoons you used to read as s child? I do and I have to confess I still like to read some of them today. These Snoopy quotes demonstrate how cartoons are often full of life wisdom and philosophies that we fail to appreciate and put into action. These are my personal favourites from the cool and quirky Snoopy.
7 Snoopy quotes supporting the happiness science
1. Be grateful for what you have. Gratitude continues to be one of the most connected traits with happiness. The more you practice gratitude, the more you start to notice things to be grateful for. You can start practicing by finishing each day by writing down 3 things you’re grateful for in that day. Do this for a few weeks and see how gratitude starts to become a habit.
2. Be the authentic you. Authenticity and identity are becoming more and more researched in positive psychology. When you’re being you and sharing your unique self with the world, you feel good, you’re more confident and you’re more likely to perform better.
3. Cherish your relationships. Life is all about having positive relationships. Really cherish the connections you have with people and show them that you care. They will celebrate your successes with you, they will support you through tough times, and they will make you laugh – and you will do the same for them.
4. Live in the present. Research around mindfulness and living in the moment have suggested that focusing your mind on the task in hand makes you happier and more productive. Reminiscing about pleasant experiences in the past and anticipating positive things in the future can also have some positive impact, but it seems enjoying the present moment has the most positive effect on happiness overall.
5. Stay optimistic. Optimists are healthier, more resilient and creative in the face of challenges. They also have stronger immune systems and take proactive approaches to challenges instead of denying them or running away from them. If you want to become one, you can read 5 steps to become an optimist.
6. Make your positive impact on the world by being a great friend. Closely related to point 3, being a great friend will not only make you feel better and create a great support network around you, but you will also make your positive mark on the world. The ripple effect applies even in happiness so if you’re happier and help your friends be happier, they’ll be happier and help their friends be happier – and so on until 6 degrees of separation.
7. Keep on smiling. When you smile, you create a positive chemical reaction through your facial muscles which releases mood boosting chemicals in your brain. It stimulates the same reward mechanism in the brain as a chocolate would. So if you’re feeling low, even a fake smile can start the release of positivity.
Which of these quotes is your favourite? Or do you have another Snoopy one I’ve missed you’d like to share? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
Spread happiness: If you enjoyed this post, please share it, like it, tweet it, pin it