It’s more than three little words.
It shouldn’t be so hard to say I love you. After all it’s just three little words, right? But it is amazing just how much weight they carry.
There are people who are trigger happy when it comes to talking about love. Little kids will throw their arms around your neck with wild abandon and cheer “I love you,” even if you’ve only been babysitting them for a week.
When we are young, telling someone we telling someone we love them is like taking a breath, it comes naturally and easily and we are not afraid of making ourselves vulnerable because nothing has hurt us yet.
But as we get older, “I love you” goes from being easy to say, to hard to say … Then suddenly it’s not enough to just say it.
Because once we’re grown up, we learn that loving someone is about more than just saying the words — it’s about doing the hard work of love.
That’s why, if you want to know if she loves you, look at what she does, not what she says.
In case you’re in doubt, here are 25 things a woman does when she loves you, besides just saying the words.
1. When she’s squeezing your hand.
2. When she just looks at you and doesn’t say anything at all.
3. When she invents a million silly pet names for you.
4. When she likes all of your posts.
5. When she tries to win over your cats.
6. When she isn’t scared to cry in front of you.
7. When she goes out of her comfort zone to try something you love.
8. When she texts you to tell you about her lunch.
9. When she sends you a makeup-free selfie.
10. When she cooks for you.
11. When she rolls her eyes at you.
12. When she loses her temper.
13. When she reaches out to you in the middle of the night.
14. When she tugs your ear lobes.
15. When she names your penis.
16. When she misses you like crazy.
17. When she asks you for what she needs.
18. When she trusts you with her heart.
19. When she expects you to tell her the truth.
20. When she farts in front of you AND jokes about it.
21. When she gives you a shelf in the bathroom.
22. When she reminds you to take your medicine.
23. When she runs out of things to say and doesn’t force the conversation.
24. When she watches you get dressed in the morning with shining eyes.
25. When she wraps her arms around you and makes you swear that you will never let her go.