“Only Time Will Set You Free, Just Like Me”
He had his heart broken ‘Last Christmas’ but he had ‘Faith’ and wished for ‘Somebody To Love.’ His sensual voice coupled with alluring lyrics will never fail to touch our hearts. This British singer-songwriter reigned in the 80’s and 90’s and till date we tune in to his songs.
Unfortunately, this talented pop star “George Micheal” has left this world on Sunday, December 25 at the age of 53 and is no longer among us. He started his career in duo band “Wham” along with Andrew Ridgeley in 1981. His songs have not just topped the charts but captured our heart as well.
He left us too soon. Here are his best words from the time of “Wham” as well as his long solo career that will still remain with us.
1) “I’m surprised that I’ve survived my own dysfunction, really”
Yes, and we should do.
Heal with time
Shoot bad love
So we can stop the beating..” (Papa was a rolling stone)
2) “I define my sexuality in terms of the people that I love.”
A bold statement to remind us we don’t choose sexuality. Rather it’s the heart, whoever it falls for.
3) “There’s no comfort in the truth, pain is all you’ll find.”
Truth is always bitter we know.
“Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day, you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I’ll give it to someone special..” (Last Christmas: Wham)
4) “I still believe that music is one of the greatest gifts that God gave to man. ”
And he has proved it. Music has the power to change, to make us believe and to really make us happy.
I won’t let you down…” (Freedom ’90)
5) “Everything was going my way. I was happily marching into the history books. Then it all just fell apart.”
‘Life’ as we know it, is not perfect.
“Sometimes I Get The Feelin’
I was back in the old days – long ago
When we were kids, when we were young
Things seemed so perfect – you know?..” (These Are The Days Of Our Lives
6) “The whole business is built on ego, vanity, self-satisfaction, and it’s total crap to pretend it’s not.”
Yes, own it like a boss.
They won’t go when I go..” (They Won’t Go When I Go)
7) “I am really not interested or excited by repeating former successes.”
It is because you do you. Focus on your own uniqueness.
“I do not count myself among you
I may be living in a dream
It’s just seem to many of you
Can’t help but hope
There’s a difference between, you and me
You’re a star
(I’m talking to you)
You’re a star..” (Star People ’97)
8) “My ego is sated.”
It’s sure is hard to happen.
Louder than ever mayb..” (White Light)